|Fedora Projects Weekly Report : 23rd January 2006|
|Report Writers & Translators|
|Core||Extras||Ambassadors & Marketing||Documentation||Kadischi||L10N|
|Table of Contents|
Lot of fun with GNOME this week. Random stuff broke, then was fixed. Some still not quite fixed, but work is progressing.
Repoview has been turned on for rawhide repositories. Each arch will have its own repoview. Fedora Core 5 archs should have repoview enabled as well once it gets released. Fedora Extras already uses repoview. Repoview is a set of html pages generated from the repository information. Read more about it here .
|Ambassadors & Marketing|
Ambassadors & Marketing
- NayyarAhmad Announces the Attempt to Translate Fedora Into URDU
- All Flags Removed from the Fedora Project Site... If you see a flag, it is a bug. See our Policy for more details and this thread in Fedora-marketing list for a related discussion.
- ThorstenLeemhuis points ambassadors at The Grumpy Editor's Obviously Incorrect 2006 Predictions -- Jonathan Corbet/lwn.net , about which ambassadors may be asked question at various events. Response is being coordinated by RahulSundaram
- FredericHornain has designed some Business Card templates
- The New Fedora Ambassadors Map
- The scripts to build RPMs for Fedora Documentation have now been added to the DocsProject CVS. The work to enable RPM production and update the source files for the existing documents will continue for the next few days.
- BobJensen will be Release Notes Editor for the next test release, taking over from KarstenWade.
- RahulSundaram has raised the idea of supplying the ["FAQ"] with Fedora 5 on this mailing list thread . Further contributions to the ["FAQ"] are welcome.
- Translation Quick Start Guide is published with help of KarstenWade.
|Kadischi Weekly Report : 23 January 2005|
- Matt Bird wrote a quick Perl script that sets the Gnome desktop image and changes the run level of the Live CD.
- Some Contributors are looking forward to execute on Redhat Enterprise 3 and 4 and on CentOS.
- JasperHartline too is working on a script that can create RAWHIDE CDs. It is still incomplete.
- JeremyKatz confirms that it is reasonable to use squashfs for the live CD.
- MichaelKeary clarifies on what does the maintainer of the project do
Code, design, accepts patches, fixes bugs, communicates with contributors, that sort of thing.
- BillNottingham announced that near future he will be integrating the stuff for readonly-root into the base OS; i.e. most of the stuff in rc/ shouldn't be needed any more. In the end, all that kadischi will need to do will be write the /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root file. He will do his best to not break kadischi too much without sending patches.
- New IRC (freenode) Channel #fedora-l10n started
- Help Urdu team member to strat work on GUI
- Tried to get updated POT file for packages, not successful
- Translation Quick start Guide is published
We, the Fedora Community members strive to bring the latest updates on the Fedora Project to you in a timely manner and in a crisp style. If you like this report and would like to contribute towards it by adding more content, translate this report or cover one of the several Fedora sub projects, you can contact the Fedora Marketing team to help. Thank you for your interest in the Fedora Project
|Report Writers & Translators|
Report Writers & Translators
Archives Are Avaliable here.
WeeklyReports will always redirect to the latest report from the Fedora Project.