(Imported from MoinMoin)
m (1 revision(s))
Latest revision as of 16:33, 24 May 2008
|Fedora Projects Weekly Report : 30th January 2006|
|Report Writers & Translators|
|Core||Extras||Ambassadors & Marketing||Documentation||Kadischi||L10N||Universe|
|Table of Contents|
Core was pretty quiet this week as far as packages go. Gnomemeeting was replaced by ekiga, see http://www.ekiga.org Kernel updates haven't happened in a few days because Linus is at LCA (http://lca2006.linux.org.au/) look for some updates very soon.
There has been lots of discussion regarding the 'everything' install, however at this time there is no Everything install. This is most likely not going to change, but then again it could. More information about reorganisation of packages is available at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/PackageSelection
Pup and Pirut have menu icons once again.
|Ambassadors & Marketing|
 Ambassadors & Marketing
- RahulSundaram send a feedback to Newsforge review on Fedora Core 4 at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2006-January/msg00078.html
- We had a extended and detailed Ambassadors meeting touching on various important aspects. Refer to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Meetings/2006-01-26 for the details.
- A process is being developed to transcribe content from the Wiki to the DocBook format used for publishing Fedora documentation. This will be trialled and developed for the test3 Release Notes.
- Initial discussions have begun on transferring the Translation infrastructure from the current Red Hat server to the Fedora CVS system.
- The OPL (Open Publication License) has been discussed as a license for Fedora documentation. The OPL protects the rights of users to distribute and modify content, and does have the issues that have made the GFDL (GNU Free Documentation License) controversial.
- Wednesday's meeting was coordinated by GregDeKoenigsberg which lasted for 10 minutes. Meeting Minutes can be found at Meetings
- JasperHartline reported some updates concerning FC5 Test 2. JasperHartline noticed %systemdir/proc isn't mounted by Anaconda anymore while building some RAWHIDE ISOs with kadischi
- ChitleshGoorah is preparing the next meeting scheduled topics. He also asked whether the previous scueduled todo are still uptodate.
- JeremyKatz gave some useful directions to the Kadischi Project. He explained the status of some of the previous todos.
- Thanks to ThorstenLeemhuis, The Kadischi Project is now available in [wiki:nl_NL/Kadischi dutch] .
This section captures other general discussions of interest to the Fedora users and developers.
 Community Contributors
We, the Fedora Community members strive to bring the latest updates on the Fedora Project to you in a timely manner and in a crisp style. If you like this report and would like to contribute towards it by adding more content, translate this report or cover one of the several Fedora sub projects, you can refer to Contribute page for more information or contact the editor for help. Thank you for your interest in the Fedora Project
|Report Writers & Translators|
 Report Writers & Translators
 Report Archives
Archives Are Avaliable here.
WeeklyReports will always redirect to the latest report from the Fedora Project.