|Line 79:||Line 79:|
= Communicate =
= Communicate =
Revision as of 07:14, 16 June 2009
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Test Strategy
- 3 New features of Fedora 12
- 4 Schedule/Milestones
- 5 Test Pass/Fail Criteria
- 6 Scope and Approach
- 7 Community Testing
- 8 Reporting Bugs and Debugging Problems
- 9 Test Environment/Configs
- 10 Communicate
- 11 References
- 12 Instructions
- 13 Test Matrix
This document describes the tests that will be created and used to verify the functions/components of Fedora 12.
The goals of this plan are to:
- Organize the test effort
- Communicate the planned tests to all relevant stake-holders for their input and approval
- Serve as a base for the test planning for future Fedora 12 releases
Instead of outlining all possible installation inputs and outputs, this test plan will focus on defining inputs and outputs at different stages in anaconda. This will also allow different tests to be performed independently during a single installation. For example, one may execute a kickstart delivery via HTTP, raid0 partitioning using 3 physical disks, and a minimal package installation on a para-virtualized xen guest all in single installation. Scenarios where the stages are dependent will be indicated as such in the test case.
Where possible, SNAKE will be used to automate and aid in reproducibility.
New features of Fedora 12
As Fedora 11,Fedora 12 will bring us some new features.The following list of features was obtained from Anaconda/Features. Test plans for these features will be designed/developed on each feature page.
- The Fedora 12 release schedule is available at Releases/12/Schedule
- Each major milestone(Alpha,Beta,Preview,etc..) will demand a full regression run
Test Pass/Fail Criteria
This test plan will use a 3 tier classification for test execution priority.3 tier Priority of test cases ,please refer to 3 tier priority
The milestone release of Fedora 12 should conform these criteria:
- Trees must be generated using release engineering tools (not hand crafted)
- There must be no unresolved dependencies for packages included in the installation tree
- There must be no dependency conflicts for packages included in the installation tree
- Any changes in composition of the installation tree are explainable by way of bugzilla
- Entrance criteria have been met
- All tier1 tests have been executed
- Beta criteria have been met
- All tier1 tests pass
- All tier2 tests have been executed
- Preview criteria have been met
- All test tiers must pass
- Any open defects have been documented as release notes
Scope and Approach
Testing will include:
- Manually execute test cases using a live image of rawhide or updated rawhide system
- Manually/kickstart boot the installation program to execute the installation
- Automatically execute installation testing via cobbler/koan etc..,cobbler guide and scripts,please refer to cobbler
Items outside the scope of this test plan include:
- Functional verification of software installed on the system
- Installation from media not generated by fedora release engineering
Testing will verify installation against Fedora 12 milestone Release Candidate builds on different hardware platforms .
- Test cases for installation,please see at QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template#Test_Areas
- Please select and test test cases that best match your test environment ,and post test results according to template at QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template
- As usual,Testing will be announced in mailing list fedora-test-list
- Reference of posting test results at post test results
Reporting Bugs and Debugging Problems
If you catch some bugs during testing,we encourage you to go ahead and file the bugs.If you a new person here,please follow the guide below
- Bug Reporting Process - Bugs_and_feature_requests
- Anaconda Bug Reporting Guide - Anaconda/BugReporting
For Fedora 12,test cases will be executed on these hardware platforms:
If you want to participate the testing of Fedora 12,you can get help or give feedback by any of these ways:
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing list: fedora-test-list
- Reference of ways to communicate at Communicate
- Fedora 11 Installation Guide
- Previous test plans available at Category:Test_Plans
- Fedora Install test cases
- Anaconda Documentation
This page is intended to record QA:Fedora_12_Install_Test_Plan test results for the <<FIXME>> milestone.
What To Test
This page tracks test results against Fedora 12 Release Candidate builds. Test results against other Fedora 12 milestones can be found at Category:Fedora_12_Test_Results.
- Most testing can occur using rawhide -- Consult for information on downloading and installing Rawhide
- Tests requiring physical media (e.g. DVD or CD images) -- [<<FIXME>> download the required ISO images].
Post Test Results
Want to share information about something you tested? Please refer to QA:Create_Install_Test_Result_Page.
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to fedora-test-list.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to this document
- Finally, update QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template with the same changes.
Please use the following format when posting results to this page
|Tier1||A sample test case||||FASName ||FASName |
|Tier2||Another sample test case||FASName |||
The explanation of test case priority is available at QA:Fedora_12_Install_Test_Plan#Test_Priority.