This document describes the tests that will be created and used to verify the installation of Fedora 12.
The goals of this plan are to:
- Organize the test effort
- Communicate the planned tests to all relevant stake-holders for their input and approval
- Serve as a base for the test planning for future Fedora 12 releases
Fedora QA project organizes testing of software as it is released into Rawhide, updates-testing, or as it appears in a supported public release.We will announce test day in fedora-test-list and organize to run test day to co-ordinate focused testing on a specific feature or component in community. These tests include manual or automatic testing.If you'd like to help making Fedora better,please join us in test day or other Fedora QA activities
New features of Fedora 12
The following list of features was obtained from Anaconda/Features. Test plans for these features will be designed/developed on each feature page.
- The Fedora 12 release schedule is available at Releases/12/Schedule
- Each major milestone will demand a full regression run (Alpha, Beta, Preview Release)
The Fedora 12 test day is available at QA/Test_Days/F12
For Fedora 12, we will execute test cases on these hardware platforms:
- Test cases for Fedora 12 ,please refer to QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template#Test_Areas
- This test plan will use priority of 3 level for test cases
- level 1 is intended to verify that installation is possible on common hardware using common use cases.
- level 2 takes a step further to include more use cases.
- level 3 captures the remaining identified use cases
Reporting Bugs and Debugging Problems
- Anaconda Bug Reporting Process - Bugs_and_feature_requests
- Anaconda Bug Reporting Guide - Anaconda/BugReporting
If you want to participate test day of Fedora 12,you can get help or give feedback by any of these ways:
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing list: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-test-list
- Developers and QA will be available on test day at QA/Fedora_12_test_days
- Reference of ways to communicate at Communicate