This document describes the tests that will be created and used to verify the functions/components of Fedora 12.
The goals of this plan are to:
- Organize the test effort
- Communicate the planned tests to all relevant stake-holders for their input and approval
- Serve as a base for the test planning for future Fedora 12 releases
- Test Day organizes testing of software as it is released into Rawhide, updates-testing, or as it appears in a supported public release. Test Day will focus on testing on a specific feature or component of Fedora.
- Milestone Install Test verifies installation against Fedora 12 milestone Release Candidate builds on different hardware platforms. These tests include manual or automatic testing(cobbler/koan,etc..).
- After testing,QA will work with developers to fix,close bugs and give corresponding feedback. If you'd like to help making Fedora better,please join us in Fedora 12 Test Day or other Fedora QA activities
New features of Fedora 12
As Fedora 11,Fedora 12 will bring us some new features.The following list of features was obtained from Anaconda/Features. Test plans for these features will be designed/developed on each feature page.
- The Fedora 12 release schedule is available at Releases/12/Schedule
- Each major milestone will demand a full regression run (Alpha, Beta, Preview Release)
- We run Test Day to co-ordinate focused testing on a specific feature or component in community.The Fedora 12 test day is available at QA/Test_Days/F12
Milestone Install Testing:
- We use Milestone Install Testing to track test results against Fedora 12 milestone Release Candidate builds.Fedora 12 milestones can be found at Releases/12/Schedule.Test cases for Fedora 12 Milestone Install Testing ,please refer to QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template#Test_Areas
- Please select a test case that best matches your test environment for Fedora 12 milestone Release Candidate,post test result according to template at QA:Fedora_12_Install_Results_Template
- This test plan will use priority of 3 level for Milestone Install Test cases
Reporting Bugs and Debugging Problems
- Bug Reporting Process - Bugs_and_feature_requests
- Anaconda Bug Reporting Guide - Anaconda/BugReporting
For Fedora 12, we will execute test cases on these hardware platforms:
If you want to participate test day of Fedora 12,you can get help or give feedback by any of these ways:
- IRC: #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net
- Mailing list: fedora-test-list
- Developers and QA will be available on test day at QA/Fedora_12_test_days
- Reference of ways to communicate at Communicate