This test case tests whether langpack can add different languages to language list when changing current locale.
Follow up to the steps in QA:Testcase change language to switch the language if it's not what you expected to test.
How to test
- Check if your system has
plugin installed by executing:
rpm -q yum-langpacks
- If the package is not installed install it using yum:
yum install yum-langpacks
- Prior to run yum command, check if current locale is same to what you want to install for langpack.
- Install several packages such as
etc and check if current language package of installed application is searched and installed automatically. For example:
yum install eclipse
yum install calligra
yum install 'libreoffice'
yum groupinstall 'kde-desktop'
- Logout. In GDM, before entering password, change desktop language to another and login again.
suto root user and exercise yum again by installing or updating several packages. Check if langpack plugged in yum is affected by the changing of current locale.
- When execute yum:
- Langpack should be loaded, current locale should be added to language list.
- After dependency resolution finished, Installing langpack and Adding relative language package to transaction is displayed.
- Current locale package for the newly installed application should be installed automatically.
Bug 681747 langpacks not pulled in by groupinstall kde-desktop or office