This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger reporting plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install libreport-plugin-logger'
- Confirm that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill some running process: kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package.
- The abrt-applet system tray icon should emerge with notification stating "Crash in package foo-1.2.3 has been detected"
- Click on the notification should to open abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then choose Problem > Open problem data in main menu.
- When you reach reporter selector page, select Logger
- Use "Preferences" button in the same window to change log file path. The file does not have to exist, it will be created
- Click through to the last window of the wizard
- After you finish the steps in wizard at the last screen you should see "The report was stored/appended to <FILENAME>"
- Open the log file and see if crash information is in it and is well-formatted