This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Logger plugin.
How to test
Edit /etc/abrt/abrt.conf to enable (i.e. list in EnabledPlugins) and activate (i.e. list in CCpp line of AnalyzerActionsAndReporters) the Logger plugin in Common section. A sample config is noted below
[ Common ] # Enable GPG check EnableOpenGPG = no # GPG keys OpenGPGPublicKeys = /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora # blacklisted packages BlackList = # enabled plugins # there has to be exactly one database plugin EnabledPlugins = Logger, SQLite3, CCpp, Kerneloops, KerneloopsScanner, KerneloopsReporter, Bugzilla, Python #, Mailx # Database Database = SQLite3 [ AnalyzerActionsAndReporters ] CCpp = Bugzilla, Logger
# service abrt restart
And final steps are:
- Ensure that the abrt and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process: kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then click on Report
- At the report window, click Send
- After you click Send, a notification window should report, among other things: "Logger: Report was stored into: /var/log/abrt-logger"