QA:Testcase ABRT Mailx plugin
This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install abrt-plugin-mailx'as well as
- !!!FIXME!!! Open
/etc/abrt/abrt_event.confto see if there's similar line: !!!
/etc/abrt/plugins/Mailx.confand make sure the configuration is valid:
- Enabled = yes
- EmailFrom = user@localhost
- EmailTo = root@localhost
- SendBinaryData = no
- Restart ABRT with the command
su -c 'service abrtd restart'
- Make sure the sendmail service is running with the command
su -c 'service sendmail start'(or, if you use a different MTA, ensure it is running)
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package. Or use older crash you may have from previous testing.
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, click Open, choose Mailx reporter
- Finish the reporting
- An email reporting the crash should be sent to the email address specified in
/etc/abrt/plugins/Mailx.conf. If you left this set to root@localhost, you should be able to see the mail in the file
/var/spool/mail/rootin a default Fedora setup or via command mail as a root.