From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install abrt-plugin-mailx'as well as
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a Fedora package. Alternatively you can use an existing crash you may have from previous testing
- Click on the panel applet to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, click Open, choose Mailx reporter
- Finish the reporting
- An email reporting the crash should be sent to root@localhost unless specified otherwise.
- In terminal, make sure
echo $USERsays you are root and then run command