This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin.
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install libreport-plugin-mailx'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Click on the pop-up notification to start abrt-gui
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, click Open
- At reporting step, choose Mailx as a reporting event
- Use "Preferences" button in the same window to configure the plugin, set local machine user's name as the recipient. Note: root user may be blocked for local delivery. In Fedora 15, it is. Uses some other local user's name.
- Proceed to reporting using "Forward"/"Apply" buttons
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from the GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- An email reporting the crash should be sent to USER@localhost unless specified otherwise.
- In terminal, make sure
whoamisays you are USER and then run command