QA:Testcase ABRT Mailx plugin
This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature using the Mailx plugin. To install the plugin in the needed version, you need to enable the test-day abrt repository by downloading fedora-abrt.repo file and placing it in your /etc/yum.repos.d
How to test
- Ensure you have the plugin installed with the command
su -c 'yum install libreport-plugin-mailx'
- Ensure you have sendmail installed with the command
su -c 'yum install sendmail'
- Ensure that the abrtd and abrt-applet processes are both running
- Kill a running process with the command
kill -SIGSEGV (pid). It must be a process that is part of a signed Fedora package
- Start gnome-abrt (either from cmdline or from application menu).
- Select the entry matching the recently crashed application, then choose Analyze.
- At reporting step, choose Mailx as a reporting event
- Use Preferences button in the same window to configure the plugin, set your email as the recipient.
- Proceed to reporting using "Forward"/"Apply" buttons.
- If reporting is unsuccessful, please include the reporting log in your abrt bug report. Reporting log can be cut and pasted from the GUI report window, or retrieved from event_log file in problem data directory (e.g.
- Check the the email if the message from ABRT has arrived (might take a few minutes).