This test case tests the functionality of the ABRT feature.
How to test
- We will check that the KerneloopsScanner, works and provides correct amount of crashes detected.
- Download files:
- Edit /etc/abrt/abrt.conf so it says:
10 = KerneloopsScanner
- makes abrtd scan /var/log/messages every 10 secs
- Restart abrtd:
$ service abrtd restart
- cat the downloaded file to /var/log/messages e.g:
cat oops1.test /var/log/messages
- you'll need root privs for this
- Wait for abrt-applet (make sure it's running) to show the notification about the detected kerneloops
- Open the abrt-gui and check if you can see the oops
- Oopses detected and visible in abrt-gui