This test case tests the installers ability to shrink an existing partition and use the anaconda recommended partition defaults with the remaining free space.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means (boot.iso, PXE, CD or DVD)
- Proceed to the installation partition screen by selecting appropriate defaults.
- At the disk partitioning screen, select the partition layout Shrink current system select Next
- When prompted, select a previous disk partition to shrink
- Continue installation, choosing all provided defaults and selecting Next
- Anaconda should prompt for an existing partition to resize
- Anaconda should not allow the user to specify a size lower than the used disk space on the partition. (If such value is entered it should be ignored by the UI and a safe resize value provided instead).
- Anaconda should successfully resize the selected partition
- The system should install successfully
- After install, the system boots successfully