This test case is intended to introduce a failure, and validate anaconda is able to properly handle the failure and report the issue to remote system. This test case relies on an updates.img that will intentionally cause the installation to fail in a manner that is non-destructive to your existing system. For more information in using an updates.img, see Anaconda/Updates. A valid bugzilla username and password is required for this test, please refer to BugsAndFeatureRequests.
How to test
- Boot the installer by any available means (CD, DVD, boot.iso or PXE). When booting, you must direct the installer towards an updates.img using this methods below.
- If you also wish to test
- When prompted, make language and keyboard selections.
- Depending on your installation method, you maybe prompted for a remote installation source. Make a selection and continue.
- Upon entering stage#2 of the installer, you will be presented with a failure dialog. Select Save
- On the Save dialog, choose Remote server from the destination list.
- Enter a valid User name,password,Host:port,Destination file, and select OK.
- The installer presents a failure dialog and offers an option to save the failure report.
- The Dump Written pops up to show the error files has been successfully written
- Login the remote server,the file was created