This test case is intended to introduce a failure, and validate anaconda is able to properly handle the failure and report the issue to bugzilla. This test case relies on an updates.img that will intentionally cause the installation to fail in a manner that is non-destructive to your existing system. For more information in using an updates.img, see Anaconda/Updates.
How to test
- Boot the installer by any available means (CD, DVD, boot.iso or PXE). When booting, you must direct the installer towards an updates.img using this method below.
- When prompted, make language and keyboard selections.
- Depending on your installation method, you maybe prompted for a remote installation source. Make a selection and continue.
- Upon entering stage#2 of the installer, you will be presented with a failure dialog. Select Debug
- Execute some commands in debug mode
- The installer presents a failure dialog and offers an option to save the failure report.
- Debug shell appears on tty1
- Commands are executed successfully in debug shell