Launch Fedora CoreOS in Microsoft Azure from the
- Create a Microsoft Azure account if you don't already have one.
- Install the Azure CLI.
sudo dnf install coreos-installer
How to test
- Create an Ignition config. You can use the simplest example available which includes your SSH key.
- Follow the documentation for downloading the Azure image, uploading it to your subscription, and launching a VM from it. Use the
nextstream instead of
stablewhen downloading with
- SSH into the machine using
ssh username@ipaddress(replace username and ipaddress with actual values).
- Don't forget to terminate your instance after you're done with testing, so that you don't end up paying for an eternal-running machine. You may also want to delete the uploaded image.
- The system launches in Azure according to the instructions.
- You can connect through SSH.
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.