m (Kparal moved page User:Sumantrom/Draft/Testcase CoreOS baremetal install to QA:Testcase CoreOS baremetal install: make it official)
Revision as of 20:38, 5 June 2020
Install Fedora CoreOS on bare metal machine using the
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image for bare metal machines. Choose your preferred installation source (ISO for an optical or USB drive or PXE for a network install).
- Familiarize yourself with FCOS provisioning philosophy, i.e. the role of an Ignition config file during system installation.
How to test
- Create an Ignition config. You can use the simplest example available which includes your SSH key.
- Follow the documentation for installing CoreOS on Bare Metal.
- You should be able to see the IP address printed at the login prompt of the serial console.
- SSH into the machine using
ssh username@ipaddress(replace username and ipaddress with actual values).
- The system runs on a bare metal machine according to the instructions.
- You can read the IP address of the machine from the serial console.
- You can connect to the machine via SSH.
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.
- Follow the documentation in this section to add a password to your configuration. Then try to log into the machine on the serial console using that password.
- Follow the documentation in this section to enable SSH password authentication. Then try to log into the machine over SSH using a username and password.