m (Kparal moved page User:Sumantrom/Draft/Testcase CoreOS virtual install to QA:Testcase CoreOS virtual install: make it official)
Revision as of 20:39, 5 June 2020
Install Fedora CoreOS as a virtual machine using the
- Download and verify the latest FCOS next image for QEMU
- Familiarize yourself with FCOS provisioning philosophy, i.e. the role of a an Ignition file during system installation.
How to test
- Create an Ignition config. You can use the simplest example available which includes your SSH key.
- Follow the documentation for launching with QEMU or libvirt to start up a virtual machine.
- You should be able to see the IP address printed at the login prompt of the serial console.
- SSH into the machine using
ssh username@ipaddress(replace username and ipaddress with actual values).
- The system runs in a virtual machine according to the instructions.
- You can read the IP address of the machine from the serial console.
- You can connect to the machine via SSH.
- The linked documentation is clear, all steps are understandable, and nothing important is missing from it.