DNF-2.0 is the next upcoming major version of DNF package manager. Unfortunately, it brings some incompatibilities with previous version of DNF (DNF-1) which were either needed to preserve compatibility with YUM CLI or where bigger redesigns were needed. A list of identified incompatible changes can be found here.This test case identifies how to test basic commands , plugins and third party software.
Back up your important data. Every system change is potentially risky, be prepared. In case you update your workstation, it is also wise to download a Workstation Live image and make sure your hardware (graphics card, wifi, etc) works well with the latest kernel and drivers.
- you can install DNF-2 from this COPR repo for testing
- testing scenarios:
- anaconda installation
- upgrade from previous Fedora version
- core functionality: install, upgrade, remove, repoquery
- dnf-plugins: copr, system-upgrade, download
- third party software: mock, yumex
How to test
- Enable and install the copr repo.
$ dnf copr enable rpmsoftwaremanagement/dnf-nightly
- Install updates from enabled repo
$ dnf update
- Install, upgrade and remove packages
$ sudo dnf [OPTION] foo
- Update your system using the standard updater for your desktop or
$ sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
- A list of all the commands are listed here
- Repo will enable and install without throwing any error
- System will successfully upgrade to desired version