QA:Testcase DeviceKit palimpsest
This test cases focuses on Palimpsest, graphical frontend of DeviceKit-disks and its ability to work with removable media.
How to test
- yum install gnome-disk-utility, this will pull in DeviceKit-disks and DeviceKit via dependencies.
- Ensure Palimpsest is available from the Applications menu -> System -> Palimpsest disk utility
- Run palimpsest under user and look for PolicyKit authentication prompts, generally you should not receive any Permission denied errors
- Use palimpsest (the graphical frontend) to create, modify and delete partitions and file systems on various media, such as usb sticks, cds, removable hard disks, etc.
- Use palimpsest to encrypt partitions and to change passwords for existing encrypted partitions.
- (Optional) Verify that palimpsest correctly reports smart data from disks which support it.
- (Optional) Raid support - insert removable device with software raid configured
- (Optional) Raid support - configure Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5 on removable device, write data, eject and insert back media
- all steps succefully executed with no SELinux errors or permission denials