From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case focuses on Palimpsest, graphical frontend of DeviceKit-disks and its ability to work with removable media.
How to test
- Ensure gnome-disk-utility is installed by typing:
yum install gnome-disk-utility
- Start palimpsest from the Applications menu -> System -> Palimpsest disk utility menu user and look for PolicyKit authentication prompts
- Create, modify and delete partitions and file systems on various media including USB sticks, CDs, removable hard disks, etc.
- Encrypt partitions and change passwords for existing encrypted partitions.
- (Optional) Verify that palimpsest correctly reports smart data from disks which support it.
- (Optional) Raid support - insert removable device with software raid configured
- (Optional) Raid support - configure Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 5 on removable device, write data, eject and insert back media
- all steps successfully executed with no SELinux errors or permission denials