QA:Testcase Gnome Shell Activities
This test case tests the basic Gnome Shell desktop functionality.
- Boot into a GNOME 3 session with GNOME Shell
How to test
- Activate the overview by pressing the key, pressing + , moving the mouse to the top-left corner of the screen, or using the mouse to click Activities from the panel
- List application using "Show Applications" or search for them.
- Run your favourite applications from left bar, "Show Applications" menu and by searching for them.
- Add application launcher to Dash (left bar) by drag & drop or by "right click" - "Add to Favorites". Remove them by drag & drop on "Show Applications" icon or "right click" - "Remove or Favorites".
- Drag the icon for a non-running application from the Dash or Applications menu to the last (empty) workspace in the right bar.
- Try moving various running applications between workspaces by dragging their miniatures in the workspace bar. Group some applications together in the same desktop.
- Try moving application window from the overview of the active workspace to another workspace in the workspace bar.
- Move all the applications out of one workspace.
- Close all running applications.
- Search for some files and directories located in your $HOME directory.
- Overview should be rendered correctly and smoothly.
- You can list all available applications and search for them.
- Applications should run on currently selected workspace.
- Added applications launchers should stay in Dash (left bar) after logout-login and they can be removed by you.
- Dragging the icon from Dash or Applications menu to any workspace should launch the application on that workspace (or create a new window for running applications).
- Dragging running applications by moving their miniatures between workspaces should place the application windows in proper workspaces accordingly.
- Dragging a window out of an overview to another workspace should move the window accordingly.
- Closing or moving out all the windows in certain workspace should remove the workspace out of the workspace bar.
- Closing all the the windows throughout all the workspaces should result in a single active workspace in the workspace bar.
- Activities should find all files and directories which you have in your $HOME directory.