From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case ensures the development release boots as a KVM guest in the latest stable release.
- Prepare a machine with the latest stable release (Fedora 37) installed
virt-manager(or other tool to control KVM virtual machines)
- If you want to test your guest system using UEFI, you need to set it up first.
How to test
- Create a virtual machine and boot the current development release (Fedora 38) in it. This can be accomplished using the
virt-installcommand or by using the graphical utility
- Hit run to boot the guest from the provided ISO disc
- Proceed with normal installation
- The installer successfully boots from the ISO image
- The installer is able to activate and use the virtual network device(s)
- The installer is able to activate and use the virtual storage device(s)
- The install completes successfully
- The system reboots successfully, recognizing filesystems created on the virt device(s)