This test case covers configuring and using KScreen
Obtain a multihead configuration (Laptop LCD + at least one external monitor or multiple monitors), have only one display connected at first. Make sure kscreen is installed and kded_randrmonitor is uninstalled. Restart your session after installing KScreen.
How to test
- Connect a new monitor
- Change configuration of monitors in the KCM (System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Display Configuration) - change resolution, position or orientation of any monitor
- Disconnect a monitor. The screen should be resized automatically, no window should be left "hidden" in the, now unavailable screen.
- Connect the monitor again. The previous configuration should be correctly restored.
- Repeat the steps above with different monitors and configurations.
- Configuration is correctly restored when monitor is plugged in
- Screen is correctly resized when monitor is unplugged, all windows are moved to the remaining screens
- Changing configuration in the KCM works