Configuration and usage of multiple monitors with KDE.
Obtain a multihead configuration (Laptop LCD + at least one external monitor or multiple monitors), have only one display connected at first.
How to test
- Log-in to the KDE session and following that connect all the remaining monitors. Run SystemSettings and go to the Display and Monitor module. Choose to enable all monitors by selecting an 'Auto' size for their resolution. Select the display that appears rightmost to be the 'Primary output'. Apply and accept the configuration.
- Now set the position of your currently rightmost display to "Left-of" your current leftmost display, apply.
- Now change the position of the primary display to Absolute and the position of your now rightmost display to Above or Below the primary one. If you have three or displays, try to make an 'L' looking screen with them.
- Choose one of your displays - and have all others "clone" it.
- Screen should now cover both displays allowing you to transfer mouse seamlessly between them. The main panel - the one with the kickoff menu and the tray area should be present on the rightmost monitor.
- Your rightmost display is now your leftmost mone - while still keeping the primary panel.
- Displays are positioned vertically or into 'L' - overall screen including mouse transfers still works seamlessly.
- All displays show the same simple screen. Resolutions may get scrambled.