This test case checks that basic live migration using libvirt between two Fedora 12 hosts works correctly.
How to test
- On the source machine, edit the guest so that it has some small amount of memory (say, 512MB).
- On the source machine, start the guest.
- Once the guest has fully booted, execute:
virsh migrate --live <guestname> qemu+ssh://<destination host>/system
- Shutdown the guest on the destination machine. Once it's successfully shut down, edit the guest on the source machine and give it random, differing amounts of memory: 1024MB, 2111MB, etc. Then repeat the test for these differing amounts of memory.
- Repeat the entire test for as many different guest OS's as are relevant. We would at least like to see:
- After executing the last step, the guest should migrate over to the destination machine, and not be running anymore on the source machine. Use
virsh liston both machines to verify this.