This test case checks that basic live migration using libvirt between two Fedora 12 hosts works correctly.
How to test
- On the source machine, edit the guest so that it has some small amount of memory (say, 512MB).
- On the source machine, start the guest.
- Once the guest has fully booted, execute:
virsh migrate --live <guestname> qemu+ssh://<destination host>/system
- Shutdown the guest on the destination machine. Once it's successfully shut down, edit the guest on the source machine and give it random, differing amounts of memory: 1024MB, 2111MB, etc. Then repeat the test for these differing amounts of memory.
- Repeat the entire test for as many different guest OS's as are relevant. We would at least like to see:
- After executing the last step, the guest should migrate over to the destination machine, and not be running anymore on the source machine. Use <code>virsh list on both machines to verify this.