QA:Testcase MySQL or MariaDB in WordPress
Purpose of this test case is to install and check functionality of WordPress, one of the most used content management systems.
You don't have installed and configured WordPress instance. In case you have, just test already installed instance.
1. Install wordpress package
# yum install wordpress
2. Create a database and a database user for WordPress
# mysql mysql> CREATE DATABASE wordpress; mysql> CREATE USER 'wordpress'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'secretpass'; mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on wordpress.* to wordpress; mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
3. Start Apache and MySQL or MariaDB daemons
# systemctl start httpd mysqld
/etc/wordpress/wp-config.php and use just created database, user and password.
httpd://localhost/wordpress in your web browser and go through the initial setup of WordPress.
6. Wordpress should have been installed. Feel free to play with it for some time. Some tips, that you could try:
- create a blog post / article and add some comments on the front-end, like usual visitor
- change some setup options
- upload and use another theme
- use some interesting extensions
WordPress should work fine, without any errors that would point to a database issues.