- Connect to network using Ethernet.
- Enable Wireless networking.
How to test
- Open "Network Settings" dialog in Gnome.
- Click on "Use as Hotspot..." and "Turn On".
- Check hotspot properties.
- Connect to wireless network using another device (notebook, smartphone, tablet, etc.).
- Hotspot properties should contain "Network Name" which is same as computer hostname, "Security type" and alphanumeric "Security key".
- Hotspot should be visible for other devices with same "Network Name" and "Security type" and you can connect to it using correct "Security key".
- Run "nm-connection-editor" for setup Hotspot properties like SSID, encryption, password, enabling IPv6, etc..
- Login to KDE, enable "Hotspot" connection and test it.