QA:Testcase Offline (paused) Migration using libvirt/virsh
This test case checks that basic offline (paused) migration using libvirt between two Fedora 12 hosts works correctly.
How to test
- On the source machine, edit the guest so that it has some small amount of memory (say, 512MB).
- On the source machine, start the guest.
- Once the guest has fully booted, on the source machine execute:
$ virsh migrate <guestname> qemu+ssh://<destination host>/system
- Shutdown the guest on the destination machine. Once it's successfully shut down, edit the guest on the source machine and give it random, differing amounts of memory: 1024MB, 2111MB, etc. Then repeat the test for these differing amounts of memory.
- Repeat the entire test for as many different guest OS's as are relevant. We would at least like to see the following guests:
- Fedora 12
- Fedora 11
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- After executing the virsh migrate command, the guest should migrate over to the destination machine, and not be running anymore on the source machine. Use
virsh liston both machines to verify this.