A complete installation using a software RAID device for the root (/) file system. For more details on RAID please consult http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks .
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means (boot.iso, CD, DVD, PXE or live image)
- Proceed to the partitioning step, select Create Custom Layout and click next
- Delete all partitions to start with empty disk(s)
- Create the required boot partitions needed for your architecture. This includes
- Create at least 2 RAID member partitions. If you have multiple disks, it is preferred to place a RAID member on a separate disk. However, for this test we are not validating data redundancy or an optimal administrative setup. Therefore, it is okay to place all RAID members on the same disk
- Create a RAID device (RAID0, RAID1, RAID5 or RAID6) using all RAID member partitions, and choose
/as mount point
- Complete with installation as desired
- Anaconda completes successfully
- Reboot successfully into installed system
- Confirm that the root filesystem is a RAID device with all expected RAID members by inspecting the contents of
you will also need a biosboot partition on each disk.