QA:Testcase Power Management tuned powersave idle
This test case measures energy consumed by you system while in active idle with powersave tuned profile activated.
- Check that you have pm-test-day package installed:
$ rpm -q pm-test-day
For better results disable screensaver, screen dimming/turning off, transition to sleep mode and cron service:
- Disable screensaver (if applicable).
- Disable automatic suspend and screen blanking, in Gnome 3:
$ gnome-control-center power
- In "Suspend & Power Off" check that the "Automatic Suspend" is set to "Off".
- In "Power Saving" set "Blank Screen" to "Never".
- For all measurements set LCD brigthness to max. value (if applicable) or at least to the same value for all measurements (if possible indicate your brightness level in the results table).
- Disable cron:
# systemctl stop crond.service
How to test
- Activate tuned by:
# systemctl start tuned.service
- Enable tuned powersave profile by:
# tuned-adm profile powersave
- If you have laptop running on battery, run the following command:
- Otherwise connect your external wattmeter and measure energy consumed in 15 minute interval.
- Do not touch your computer until the test completes (15 minutes).
- Write the output to the results table.
- Energy consumed during the test.