- Install the Fedora Server release you wish to test, in graphical or text mode, making as few choices as possible and making the most simple and obvious choices where a choice is required.
- Note: disable updates-testing in anaconda
- If this is a VM, be aware of this Common Bug about available entropy.
- Disable the updates-testing repository for this test, as rolekit always performs an update and may get unsafe packages from that repository. We need to test the stable repo only.
yum-config-manager --disable updates-testing
How to test
- Create a configuration file with the minimum required settings for the role (domaincontroller instructions can be found here)
- Deploy the role with
rolectl deploy --settings-file=/path/to/configfile [--name=instancename] (rolename)
- Start the role with
rolectl start (instancename)
- Query the role with
rolectl status (instancename)and
rolectl settings (instancename)
- If possible, attempt to interact with the role in expected ways - for example, if it is a database server, attempt to connect to it and create a database
- Stop the role with
rolectl stop (instancename)
- Role deployment must complete successfully
- The deployed role must start successfully
- Typical basic interaction with the deployed role must work correctly
- The deployed role must report its status and configuration settings correctly
- The deployed role must stop correctly