From Fedora Project Wiki
(add a setup step to configure swap-on-zram)
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
Revision as of 21:39, 7 July 2020
Test building WebKitGTK with swap-on-zram enabled and running.
- Make sure your system has swap-on-zram installed and enabled.
- Install mock, and download webkit2gtk3 source.
sudo dnf install mock curl -O https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/webkit2gtk3/2.29.2/1.fc33/src/webkit2gtk3-2.29.2-1.fc33.src.rpm
- Add user to mock group.
sudo usermod -a -G mock <username>
- Optional: On desktops other than Fedora Workstation, install earlyoom, and confirm that it's running.
sudo dnf install earlyoom sudo systemctl status earlyoom
How to test
- Make sure you have at zram swap, or both a disk-based swap and a zram swap.
$ swapon NAME TYPE SIZE USED PRIO /dev/sda5 partition 10.4G 0B -2 /dev/zram0 partition 3.8G 0B 100
- Build WebKitGTK
- Repeat two more times.
- Either the build succeeds, or earlyoom will report killing off one of the related build processes (probably cc1plus).
sudo journalctl -b | grep earlyoom Jul 05 18:34:44 f33v.local earlyoom: mem avail: 51 of 2895 MiB ( 1.78%), swap free: 134 of 1446 MiB ( 9.30%) Jul 05 18:34:44 f33v.local earlyoom: low memory! at or below SIGTERM limits: mem 4.00%, swap 10.00% Jul 05 18:34:44 f33v.local earlyoom: sending SIGTERM to process 10570 uid 1000 "cc1plus": badness 258, VmRSS 850 MiB
- Other sources of failures likely indicate a problem.