This test case helps you generate and upload workload results for power measurements for an idle machine running tuned.
How to test
- Ensure powertop and tuned are installed
- Download the simple result script from here: 
- Ensure you have reported your system information to Smolt according to these instructions
- Reboot the system in runlevel 1
- During startup press b to edit the kernel boot parameters
- Add a 1 at the end of the line
- Continue booting
- When the machine reached runlevel 1 start the following services
- service tuned start
- ifup eth0
- Wait about 5 minutes
./genresult.sh 60once more
- The output of the genresult.sh runs the terminal. Copy & paste the results into wiki table together with a link to your smolt profile.