(Drop bogus virtio-rng link)
(Drop F18 reference, make it generic)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Functioning virt host, a function
Functioning virt host, a function VM.
Revision as of 16:52, 4 October 2013
Setup a serial console for the guest, verify tools can connect to it, and the guest OS automatically configures things correctly.
Functioning virt host, a function Fedora VM.
How to test
- Start with a shutoff VM.
- Edit the guest XML with
sudo virsh edit test-day-vm
- Remove the existing console XML block. This requires removing the associated serial device as well:
<serial type='pty'> <target port='0'/> </serial> <console type='pty'> <target type='serial' port='0'/> </console>
- Add a virtio console device like:
<console type='pty'> <target type='virtio'/> </console>
- Save and exit
- Open virt-manager. Start the VM. Verify with the graphical console that the VM starts correctly.
- In the graphical window, select View->Text Consoles->Text Console 1
- Verify that a login prompt appears on the text console. Verify you can log in correctly. 'exit' to log out.
- On the command line, connect to the console with virsh:
sudo virsh console test-day-vm
- Verify you can login as done with virt-manager. Send ctrl+] to exit
No obvious errors occur.