Install a Fedora guest from CDROM/DVD media
Fetch install media from http://get.fedoraproject.org/
F17 Alpha media can be grabbed directly here: http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/17-Alpha/Live/x86_64/
How to test
- Run virt-manager (should autoconnect to qemu)
- Launch the 'New VM' wizard
- Enter any name, choose 'Local Install Media'
- Select the ISO that you downloaded.
- Manually set OS distro value to the version of Fedora being installed.
- Proceed with through the wizard, using the default suggested values.
- Start the install, and perform the install as you would on a normal machine.
An example virt-install invocation looks like:
$> virt-install --name fedoratestday --ram 1024 \ --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/fedoratestday.img,size=10 \ --cdrom /path/to/my/media.iso --os-distro fedora17
For virt-install, the iso media needs to be in a location that is accessible by the 'qemu' user, otherwise the emulator won't be able to access it. A good place to put the iso is /var/lib/libvirt/images
Guest installations start and perform without any issues. Guest is bootable after install completes.