Install a Fedora guest from CDROM/DVD media, either physical media or ISO file.
Install media listed on the main test day page. Live CD or DVD is sufficient.
How to test
- Run virt-manager (should autoconnect to qemu)
- Launch the 'New VM' wizard
- Choose 'Local Install Media'
- Select the ISO that you downloaded.
- Manually set OS distro value to the version of Fedora being installed.
- Proceed with through the wizard, using the default suggested values. On the final page, use the VM name: test-day-vm
- Start the install, and perform the install as you would on a normal machine.
An example virt-install invocation looks like:
$> virt-install --name test-day-vm --ram 2048 \ --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/fedoratestday.img,size=10 \ --cdrom /path/to/my/media.iso --os-variant fedora20
For virt-install, the ISO media needs to be in a location that is accessible by the 'qemu' user, otherwise the emulator won't be able to access it. A good place to put the iso is /var/lib/libvirt/images
Guest installations start and perform without any issues. Guest is bootable after install completes.