QA:Testcase Virtualization Hotplug USB device to guest
Attach a physical USB device to your guest.
Functioning Fedora host and a VM of any OS. More VM OS and USB devices the merrier!
How to test
- Start with a shutoff VM. Open the VM details page.
- Select 'Controller USB' and change to USB2. Click 'Apply'
- Start the VM
- Add Hardware->USB Host Device
- Choose the device you want to assign from the list, like:
009:002 SanDisk Extreme
- Click Finish
- Verify that the guest shows up in 'lsusb' output in the guest.
- Verify the device's functionality in the guest (this will be device specific)
- Select the device in virt-manager, and click 'Remove'.
- Verify the device again appears in the host, and is functional on the host.
No obvious errors occur.