QA:Testcase Virtualization KVM PCI Device Assignment
This test case verifies that a PCI device can be assigned to a KVM guest using virt-manager.
How to test
- Run virt-manager, open an existing guest and go to the details tab
- Click "Add hardware", choose "Physical host device" and click "Forward"
- Choose the appropriate device from the drop down list (e.g. "00:19.0 Interface eth0 (82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection)")
- Click "Forward" and "Finish"
- Start the guest and check the device is functional within the guest
- Shut down the guest and check the device is functional within the host
- The device which is to be assigned should be available in the dropdown list
- The device should be successfully assigned to the guest
- The guest should start without any errors
- The device should be functional within the guest
- Once the guest is shutdown, the device should be functional within the host