QA:Testcase Virtualization URL Guest Install
Install a Fedora guest from an install tree URL using virt-install or virt-manager.
Nothing beyond initial test day setup.
How to test
- Run virt-manager (should autoconnect to qemu)
- Launch the 'New VM' wizard
- Enter any name, choose network install option
- Enter the following URL for the latest fedora development bits: http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/20/x86_64/os/
- Press enter when the URL field is active: virt-manager should auto detect the URL as a recent fedora distro
- Proceed with through the wizard, using the default suggested values.
- Start the install, and perform the install as you would on a normal machine.
An example virt-install invocation looks like
$> virt-install --name test-day-vm --ram 2048 \ --disk path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/test-day-vm.img,size=10 \ --location http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/development/20/x86_64/os/
Guest installations start and perform without any issues. Guest is bootable after install completes.