From Fedora Project Wiki
This test case checks that Edition-related images correctly identify themselves, and non-Edition-related ones do not.
How to test
- Install or deploy the Fedora release you wish to test, with the default package set.
- During installation, check whether or not the installer is clearly identified as a particular Edition.
- Boot the installed system and log in.
- Examine the file
/etc/os-release, and check relevant fields (e.g. VERSION, PRETTY_NAME, VARIANT) identify a particular Edition.
- If you are testing an Edition, the installer must be identified as that Edition. If you are not testing an Edition, the installer must not be identified as any Edition, but only as 'Fedora'.
- If you are testing an Edition,
/etc/os-releasemust identify that Edition in the relevant fields. If you are not testing an Edition,
/etc/os-releasemust not identify any Edition.