QA:Testcase biosdevname NIC naming after install
This test case makes sure that during Rawhide installation, network interfaces, both onboard and PCI add-in are named as per the new convention.
- Make sure that the Hardware Requirements are met.
How to test
- Switch to a shell by pressing
- Verify that onboard network interfaces are named as described here
- Verify that PCI add-in network interfaces are described here
- When the network configuration wizard appears, configure
em1and any of the available add-in PCI interface.
- Complete the installation process, after the system reboots, login to the system. Check if interface configuration file ifcfg-emN and ifcfg-pci<slot>#<port> files are created under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
- Make sure that onboard device names are of the form emN during install time
[root@fedora-14-r710 ~]# ls /sys/class/net/ em1 em2 em3 em4 lo
- Make sure that PCI add-in device names are of the form pci<slot>#<port> during install time
#[root@fedora-14-r710 ~]# ls /sys/class/net/ lo pci3#1 pci3#2 pci4#1
- Make sure ifcfg-emN and ifcfg-pci<slot>#<port> files are created after the installation is complete.
# cat ifcfg-em3 # Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt # for the documentation of these parameters. DEVICE=em3 BOOTPROTO=dhcp TYPE=Ethernet HWADDR=00:24:e8:2e:df:03 ONBOOT=yes USERCTL=no PEERDNS=yes IPV6INIT=no # cat ifcfg-pci3#1 # Please read /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt # for the documentation of these parameters. DEVICE='pci3#1' BOOTPROTO=dhcp TYPE=Ethernet HWADDR=00:1b:21:44:63:40 ONBOOT=yes USERCTL=no PEERDNS=yes IPV6INIT=no