Test the installation of gnome-shell extensions.
How to test
- Install the Extensions app: search for it and install it from Software, install it with DNF using
sudo dnf install gnome-extensions-app, or download the flatpakref from from Flathub.
- Run the Extensions app by launching it from the Activities Overview, or by running
- List installed extensions using the command line, with
- Search for extensions using DNF, such as with
sudo dnf search gnome-shell-extension. Install a new extension using DNF.
- Restart the desktop session by logging out and in again.
- The Extensions app and
gnome-extensions listshould show the new extension.
- Enable the extension using the Extensions app: turn on extensions at the top, then turn on the extension from the list below.
- Try enabling the extension using
gnome-extensions enable <extension-name>
- It should be possible to install and run the Extensions app.
- The Extensions app and the
gnome-extensionscommand should list preinstalled extensions, extensions which have been installed from packages, and extensions which have been installed from https://extensions.gnome.org .
- Extensions should be successfully enabled with both the Extensions app and the