Test the virtual desktop functionality in Fedora Workstation.
How to test
- Open a set of windows belonging to different applications.
- Open the Activites Overview by: pressing the Super key (also known as the Windows key), touching the top-left screen corner with the pointer, or clicking Activities in the top bar.
- Drag the windows to new workspaces, using the workspace previews on the side of the screen, and using the small workspace bar that is shown when there are two or more active workspaces.
- Move between workspaces using: keyboard shortcuts (Super+PageUp, Super+PgDown), mouse scroll wheel (requires holding Super when out of the Activities Overview), touchpad gestures (three-finger swipe left and right. Try this when both in and out of the overview.
- Move windows between workspaces by dragging them using the workspace previews on each side of the screen, as well as the small workspace bar below search.
- Drag icons from the dash to the current workspace, the next workspace, and the small workspaces in the workspace bar.
- Drag few icons of non-running applications from the Applications menu in the Overview to the last (empty) workspace, thus creating workspace for each application.
- Move all the applications out of any workspace.
- Close all open windows.
- In the Settings app, open Multitasking. Test the "fixed number of workspaces" setting. If you are able to test with several displays, you can also try the "Multi-Monitor" setting.
- Perform some additional Exploratory testing.
- Dragging windows between workspaces should move the window accordingly.
- Dragging application icons to workspaces should open windows on those workspaces.
- Closing or moving out all the windows from a workspace should remove the workspace.
- Closing all the the windows on all the workspaces should result in a single active workspace.
- Please report all failures to the GNOME tracker.