(revise to use templates (and be consistent with firmware raid test))
m (Adamwill moved page QA:Testcase Install to Multipath to QA:Testcase Install to multipath: consistent test case names)
Revision as of 01:03, 29 March 2014
This test case verifies that installing on a multipath device works properly. Testing on bare metal (not in a virtual machine) is preferred for this test case. Specific multipath hardware is required in order to complete this test.
How to test
- Boot the installer using any available means
- On the Installation Destination screen, click Add a disk... under Specialized & Network Disks
- On the Multipath Devices tab, select all detected multipath devices
- Partition as you like, but bugs in partitioning that are not related to the multipath device type are outside the scope of this test
- Complete the installation process, making sensible selections for all other installer options
- Boot the installed system
- All installable multipath devices are successfully detected by installer and are available for partitioning.
- Partitions are created and formatted properly.
- Install completes successfully.
- System boots successfully recognizing filesystems created on the multipath device(s).