This test case tests whether compositing_manger setting of metacity is successful with the Intel video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a video adapter supported by the driver, and Fedora 11 or later (or Rawhide from any time after mid-February 2009).
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'intel' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Run gconf-editor
- Follow apps->metacity->general from navigation toolbar left, check 'compositing_manager' checkbox. See whether everything works fine.
- The graphical desktop should be displayed correctly when 'compositing_manager' is checked
- With metacity's compositing enabled, window shadows and ALT-TAB with window screenshots should be desplayed correctly.