This test case logs the results of a basic 'rendercheck' test on the Nouveau driver.
How to test
- Ensure the file
/etc/X11/xorg.confdoes not exist, or is a valid file that uses the nouveau driver. If you are using the live image, ignore this step
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again (using the Test Day live CD if you so choose)
- Boot as normal and log in
- Ensure the
renderchecktool is available. If you are using the Test Day live CD it will be available automatically. For other situations a package is available here
- From a console, run the following command:
rendercheck -t fill,dcoords,scoords,mcoords,tscoords,tmcoords,blend,composite -f a8r8g8b8,x8r8g8b8,a8 > renderchecklog
- It will take around 15 minutes to complete (it is complete when it returns to a prompt). When it does, compress the resulting renderchecklog file (e.g.
gzip renderchecklog) and upload it to the Wiki via the Upload file link in the left hand link bar
- Add a link to your upload in the appropriate box in the Wiki page Test Results section
- The renderchecklog file should contain a record of the complete rendercheck session