QA:Testcase nouveau suspend
This test case tests whether suspend / resume works successfully with the Nouveau video driver, with kernel mode setting enabled. You must be using a video adapter supported by the driver, and Rawhide. Your system must be capable of suspending and resuming normally (for instance, with 'nouveau.modeset=0 3' kernel parameter to disable nouveau from interacting with the video adapter).
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' and 'nouveau.modeset=0' kernel parameters are not enabled in your bootloader configuration
- Ensure the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf does not exist, or is a known-good configuration file that uses the 'nouveau' driver
- Shut your system down entirely, then start it up again
- Remove the file /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/90chvt (or /usr/lib64/pm-utils/sleep.d/90chvt on x86-64 installations)
- Suspend the system (for e.g. left click the battery icon and click 'suspend')
- Resume the system
- The system should come back with the display correct and at the correct resolution, backlight active, etc.