A basic rendering check using the avogadro molecular editor. You must be using a card supported by the Radeon video driver.
How to test
- Ensure the 'nomodeset' kernel parameter is not enabled in your bootloader configuration (unless you need it for basic X operation to suceed)
- Ensure that
glxinfo | grep 'OpenGL renderer'
does not return:
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer
- Install the avogadro package: `yum -y install avogadro`
- Launch avogadro from a terminal
- Click on "Tool Settings..." in the toolbar to display the left-hand pane.
- Now, add some atoms to build a molecule. You can change the atom type with the Element and Bond Order drop downs on the left.
- By left-clicking on an existing atom and moving the pointer away, you create a link.
- You can use the hand tool to move atoms around.
- Once you've built a good looking molecule, use the blue star-shaped tool to change the view.
- Use the Esc key to toggle full screen.
- Quit avogadro.
- no crash.
- no obvious misrendering (flickering, surfaces that come and go...)